Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ranting...again

So, I don't know if I talked about my middle school years... But all I have to say is that something most recently came up that reminded me of those. I call them "the years I don't speak of" just because I never talk about them.

And no, I am not about to start now.

What I will say is that this thing that happened that reminded me of middle school... It wasn't good. It was bad actually. Just some issues with people - girl drama. I think I mostly got everything worked out, at least that is what I got from it.

But it taught me a lesson... One that I have learned multiple times, but it finally clicked with me this week.

That whole "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" is a great saying and all... But it's not true all of the time.

Because words hurt.

And the thing that I taught to these other girls, and hopefully they understand... Is that when you have a problem with someone or what they say or whatever it is, it's never okay to let things build up. Because when the little things build up, it hurts both of the people. And the other thing is, if you have something to say, come up to the person and say it to their face because 1) it makes things not get misconstrued, and 2) it's just easier that way.

Know what I'm saying? ;)

No names, no actions, no words. None of it's mentioned here. And it's not going to be.

Well, I guess that's all :)

P.S. I hope someone got something out of this post... Because the lesson in this particular one is important and KEY for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment