Thursday, February 28, 2013

An After Tale

C&S

I walk through the meadow, taking in the warm sunlight as it reflects off of my skin. As the soft summer breeze blows through my hair, I spin around in a circle. I lie down in the grass and look to the left, noticing someone approaching.

"Thanks for finally showing your sorry face around here..." I sit up as I say this, and then he sits down next to me. I move away from him and then he stands back up, walking over to me.

"Hey, now... I wouldn't miss this for the world. You know that I love you, don't you?" He runs his fingers through his hair and take a deep breath, searching my eyes for a moment before looking down at his feet. He kicks a small pebble - which, in turn, hits me in the forehead. I fall back into the grass as he begins to laugh.

"Shut up..." He kneels down in front of me and places a gentle kiss on my forehead, making a fire ignite within me. The fire is not the good kind. It is more of a painful sensation than it is a wonderful feeling filled with emotion. The fire spreads throughout my body and when I reach up to feel the spot where my face got in the way of the pebble, there is no pain there.

"Does that feel better, my little Token?" I nod at him and he scoops me up into his arms. I try to wiggle out of his grasp, but my attempt is to no avail. I sigh and he looks down at me, rolling his eyes. He sets me down and I walk next to him, jerking when he grabs my hand in his.

"We have to go see the engaged couple now... I'm sure they'll have much to talk about." He looks down at me and smiles the biggest smile I think I've ever seen. Then, he shocks me with his next words.

"I think we should follow suit, my dearest Token."

No comments:

Post a Comment