Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snowy Clearing

The snow falls all around me, quietly, silently. I fall down to the ground, lying on my back, and turn my head to the side. As the cold begins to make my cheeks turn red, I close my eyes. I take a deep breath and look back up at the sky when the bit of light that is shining through the clouds is suddenly blocked. "What do you want?"

I sit up as the boy sits next to me and when he lies down, I stand quickly. "Why are you here?" He doesn't answer my questions, but instead just sits there silently. "Fine." I turn to walk away, but he reaches up and grabs my wrist.

"Wait." I freeze as the warmth of his hand on my wrist spreads throughout me and I stiffen. He stands up and then his face fills my vision. "Don't run from me, please..." I look away from him and close my eyes, taking a step forward.

"Please, I never wanted to hurt you. I..."

"Then why did you?! Why did you hurt me? You left me all alone and now you want to accompany me everywhere? Stop it!!" I turn from him as hot tears run down my face and a pair of arms wraps around me. I crumble in his arms and fall to the ground, but he catches me and holds me there in the snow.

"I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment