Monday, February 4, 2013

Ughhhhh

I sit up in my bed and look around, hearing a loud ringing in my ears. I swing my legs over the side of my bed and gently place my feet on the hardwood floor. I walk over to the door and open it slowly, walking into the hallway lit by only one flickering light. I head for the door at the end of the hallway, hoping that something or someone is waiting for me.

When I reach the door, I place my hand on the doorknob and wait, feeling the heat growing closer. The smoke starts crawling underneath my door and I turn around, walking back to my room. I casually step out onto my little roof that overhangs my porch, and then I jump down to the porch railing, lightly stepping into the grass. I pull my cellphone out of my pocket and look back at the dorm room, seeing the fire spread and the explode through the windows.

I close my cellphone as the text sends and then I grab my shoes from behind the tree that I used to sit under. I take a deep breath as I am tying my shoes and then he's standing right next to me. "Hey." I look up at him and he smiles, holding his hand out to me. I take it and he pulls me up.

We start walking, the dorm room slowly burning to the ground as we walk through the forest. We come to a clearing and I hear the click of a switch. I smile as I turn around, knowing that he is ready for this fight. "So... Are you ready to face those little creatures of the night?" He nods and I take my place next to him as the little creatures begin to come out of the forest.

They are pale white, with blood-red eyes. The creatures' fangs protrude from their mouths, piercing their lips. But they seem to take no notice of that fact. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, searching for my sword in my mind. I find it and when I open my eyes, it's right there in front of me, in my hands. "Take the West. I want the East."

As the creatures begin to crawl towards us, maniacally laughing, the boy and I stand back to back. "As you have said, it shall be done."

We wait there for what seems like hours... And that's when I feel him fall next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment