Sunday, September 8, 2013

Post--#--2

I wrote this first post for you guys... It was a life story kind of post. I decided not to post it because posting certain posts isn't good for anyone. I don't plan on posting it, but if I see anything like I saw earlier from someone again, I'll debate about writing something up. I wrote this second post instead of that earlier one...

My choice is simple.

The questions is, is yours?

Think about choices and what's going on in your life. That's all I have to say. No, I don't know some of you all that well, but I know enough. I know that sometimes you hurt and sometimes you don't. Sometimes you're happy and sometimes you're not.

It hurts.

Life.

Simple.

Sometimes I keep things bottled up inside, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I like to sit and listen to music for hours, sometimes I do my homework right when I get home, and all of the time, I pray for the world.

I pray for life. To not hurt. To shine. Life is wonderful and not so. It's so complex and beautiful that it's hard to understand. So how can something that words cannot describe, not matter how much you try, be so simple? We may put adjectives to it, but it's different for everyone. No one's life is the same. It's completely different. Every time. So...

Simple, really?

I disagree.


Here's a poem for you:

Veiled

I cover myself in shadows
So that I no longer have to feel
Pain
Remorse
Sorrow

I veil myself 
So that no one can see
My true identity

I don't want to be veiled
Covered
Lost

How can I take this veil away
No, it is impossible
I cannot take this away
No matter how hard I try

This veil
It covers
And destroys

I cannot hope
Because of this veil
I cannot trust
Because of this veil
I cannot love
Because of this veil

This veil haunts me
It scares me
And makes me petrified
Of what my future may be

What is my future
This veil covers it
And I cannot see
The fog is too thick
And I cannot see

This feeling hurts
Blindness
How do I disperse it
How do I see

I no longer remember
Any sense of direction
Or any way to see
Any way to breathe

I am being suffocated by this veil
This veil
It hurts
And destroys

Why me
Why am I to be punished
By a veil that I cannot
Hurt
Destroy

Why is it me
Why am I to be punished
It does not make sense
Will it ever

I do not know these answers
But maybe someone else does
A best friend
A family member
A lover

Yes, one of them knows
But who
Who could possibly know
The real me
And my veil

What if someone far away knows
Or what if they're close to me
What if they're already in my heart

What do I do
If they've already torn down my veil
No 
I haven't trusted someone
Not like that

But what if they figured it out
All from just looking at me
What then
What would I say to them

I would tell them everything
All about me
Even if it means
Means hurting
Means disbelieving
Means renouncing what I have veiled

This life
My veil
What if
What if it disappears

When I meet them
Maybe it will disappear
I must try
And uncover this dark veil

The dark veil that covers me
And contains me
It will be broken for the first time
But for the last
Only for one person

Now
I have veiled myself
In something pure
A happy veil
With someone who sees through
The veil of shadows

I am happy now
And with the one
Who sees the true me





No comments:

Post a Comment